Our 37th Annual Convention is barely a month and we are all looking forward to gathering together again in the biggest and most anticipated event of the society.
Please take note of the following reminders before you head out to EDSA Shangri-La on the 29th of March.
Asian Forum of Chronic Kidney Disease Initiatives
- This year the PSN proudly hosts the 11th annual meeting of the AFCKDI, with speakers from all over Asia coming to speak on topics regarding the prevention and management of chronic kidney disease. This is open to ALL. For those attending, please be there by 8:00to claim your IDs and CONVENTION kits. Opening Ceremonies start at 10:00am. The invited speakers for this forum include Dr. Masahide Kondo (Japan), Dr. Vivek Jha (Indonesia), Dr. Susan Jorge (Phils), Dr. Chuanming Hao (China), Dr. Sunita Bavanandan (Malaysia), Dr. Ha Phan Hai An (Vietnam), Dr. Carmelo Alfiler (Phils), Dr. Yi Wen Chiu (Taiwan), and Dr. Kearkiat Praditpornsilpa (Thailand).
- The lunch symposium will be sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
- There will also be a CULTURAL NIGHT for our friends attending the AFCKDI meeting. Everyone is welcome to join this short program with a light dinner
- SPEAKERS. Our invited foreign guests include Dr. David Harris, Dr. Ikuto Masakane, Dr. Daniel TM Chan, Dr. Adrian Liew, Dr. Orson Moe and Dr. Edgar Lerma. We have also invited our colleagues from other professions to speak, including Dr. Antonio Dans, Dr. Ma. Luz Querubin, Dr. Antonette Palma-Angeles and Dr. Eva Cutiongco-dela Paz.
- LUNCH AND DINNER SYMPOSIA. Our friends from the pharmaceutical industry are offering lunch and dinner symposia. There will be three (3) lunch symposia on March 30sponsored by Fresenius Medical Care, Sanofi and Globo Asiatico-Roche, three (3) lunch symposia on March 31 sponsored by Otsuka, LRI-Therapharma and DeGa International, and three (3) lunch symposia on April 1 sponsored by Corbridge Philippines, New Marketlink and Nestle Philippines. The dinner symposium on March 30 is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Don’t miss the exciting and sure to be lively sessions, particularly:
- TOWNHAL DEBATE: PD FIRST vs HD FIRST – Benefits, Risks and Access Issues, with Dr. Romina Danguilan defending PD First, and Dr. Raymond Alonso taking up the cause of HD First, and Dr. Ofelia Javellana moderating.
- MENTORS HOUR : See our beloved professors of nephrology tackling some common issues that nephrologists face on a daily basis.
- PSN QUIZ CONTEST : Who among our training institutions will win this year?
March 29, 2017
- ORIENTATION of New Fellows and Diplomates and Applicants for Members in Training – 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. All new fellows, diplomates and members in training MUST attend this session. Instructions for the induction will also be given during the orientation.
- CHAPTER PRESIDENTS’ MEETING. March 29, 2017, 5:00-6:00 pm.
March 30, 2017
- OPENING CEREMONIES. March 30, 2017. All participants should be ready and gowned by 7:30 AM. Opening ceremonies will start promptly at 8:00 AM. Everyone is enjoined to attend and listen to the inspirational talk of our Keynote Speaker ESPERANZA I. CABRAL, MD. Be there to join us as we welcome our new diplomates,fellows and life fellows and congratulate this year’s PSN awardees.
April 1, 2017
- DIALYSIS FORUM. 1:40 – 3:30 pm. Open for everybody, the sessions will tackle current issues and updates on both hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- TRAINING CORE’S MEETING. 1:30 – 3:30 pm. For the Chairs/Heads, Training Officers and PSN Board of Trustees, PSN Specialty Board Members and Chapter Presidents only.
- BUSINESS MEETING. April 1, 3:30pm. Attendance in the Business Meeting is a MUST for all diplomates and fellows. Attendance in the annual business meeting is a requirement to maintain your membership in good status. Appreciate what the PSN has done for you in the past year.
- CLOSING CEREMONIES and FELLOWSHIP NIGHT. 6:00 pm. Join us during our Closing Ceremonies and Fellowship Night with the theme “PSN K FACTOR” . Sing, dance and dine with us.
PSN Elections. EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE. Voting is open from March 30, 8am until April 1, 12 noon.
COMING IN EARLY ON THE 29thWILL PREPARE YOU FOR AN EARLY START THE FOLLOWING DAY FOR THE OPENING CEREMONIES.
As courtesy and support for the pharmaceutical companies who have sponsored educational lunch/sunset lectures, we would like to appeal to the members to refrain from accepting invitations to dine out during lecture periods. The company representatives have been advised not to invite attendees out during regular and pharma sponsored lecture periods. There will be no dinner symposium on Friday, March 31, to give way to reunions and invitations from your pharmaceutical sponsors.
We would like to encourage those who are tech-savvy to save the program into your smart phones for easier reference about the convention schedules:
See it live at: http://annual.psn.ph/speakersand http://annual.psn.ph/program. Also, you may download the web app at psn2017.sched.com